Friday, September 4, 2009

Week with Grandchildren

Wow this week has been a great one for grand kids. Monday started off with a visit to grandsons, Andrew and William. I was able to play with William while Andrew worked diligently on a picture of a panther. He had some trouble, but manged to work through it. Then on Wednesday I went with my granddaughters and their mom to the Fountains. There I watched for the first time my youngest granddaughter walk. She didn't have a diaper on so every time she fell down she would wince. Then yesterday, I was paid a pleasant visit from them again. Julia had her mom call me to ask if they could come over and make those ice cones with different colored juices. Then she proceeded to tell me that Jazlyn still had to get dressed, but that she was special and didn't need help to get dressed that she could do that my herself. While here I was able to almost complete the "Easy Hat." I ended up having to frog back a little ways, but I finished it before the 10 o'clock news.
Today comes Jenna. She is in the fourth grade now. Last year I went to Sunnyvale before school start to take her to the doctors and spend some time with her. (She lives between two parents, so I don't get to see much of her.) I plan on picking her up from her mom sometime before 3PM and then doing something special with her. I do want to help her make a bracelet or necklace. I am looking forward to it. Her dad and Ruth will drive up tomorrow with the dogs to spend the weekend with her. Have a happy Labor Day Weekend!

1 comment:

Debbie T said...

Grandkids are so awesome! I can't believe Jazlyn is already walking..where did the time go!??!