Saturday, August 16, 2008

Sponge

I was given the opportunity to help with my grandchildren and I took the invitation. My daughter-in-law, Heather, needed some help while the sister had a baby. It was for only two days but they were filled with excitement, never a dull moment. In the morning, her oldest 3 1/2 yr. old Andrew, would come to the room where I was sleeping and tell me that the sun was up and it was time to get up. Then he would politely ask me if I would play with him? I usually get up, dress, have my tea and then think about my day before I do anything as serious as play, but play I did. If I heard the baby, 4 month old William, I would go retrieve him from where he was awake so Heather could get a few more winks in. As the day went by, I would become William's drool cloth. He is a drooler and no teeth in sight. It was such a good experience. As it turn out Heather's sister had her little girl Cesarean, her mother-in-law was able to stay longer and we went home Friday.

1 comment:

Janice said...

You are a good Granny!! And waking up with the grands around is so different the the quiet cup of coffee or tea we do now, each morning!! I may be able to go Weds nite as I have Weds off. Cathie is on vacation this week and not going. I will go if you do!