Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Trip



This last weekend, I went to Wichita. I was to leave early Thursday, but guess who left their ID at home? You guessed it, ME. I ended up on a red eye to Wichita via Houston. There I met up with Joanna who left at the right time, but she too had the wrong ID with her to continue on her trip. I brought her the correct ID and away we flew. We arrived early Friday morning and picked up our car and drove to the hotel. Eva had arranged that we stay in a Stay Inn Suites. We both had our own rooms with a kitchen. Joanna was given this huge room with 540 sq. ft. I just had a regular room. I think it was because Eva didn't like enclosed spaces and was to stay with Joanna at night. It worked out great, because she did stay a while with Joanna and then that's where we Eva's family met up with us. Friday, Eva's mom brought us lunch then off we went to see where Eva is to be buried. We then went to take pictures. It was fun to see Joanna and Eva interact. We also so some sites. The river district is beautiful and the city has these beautiful statues all over the place. After, that we went to dinner at the Cracker Barrel. I enjoyed the chicken livers.
Saturday, Joanna and I went looking for yarn and fabric stores. We found a wonderful knit store called Twist in Wichita. It felt very similar to Frog Pond. I wanted to sit and knit, but time was not with us. We did find a fabric store after getting lost. When we finally found it we were tired. I bought yarn, but no fabric. I was tempted to buy paper yarn to make a bag, but didn't. I also wanted a book, but chose not to go there. I can usually find these on sale here. After the fabric store off we went to Eva's house. She was asleep in bed. We walked into her house and Joanna walked out. She smokes in her house and Joanna got sick from the smell. I stayed while Eva woke up. We left there and went to see where Eva use to live. I was way out in the boonies. She had a nice home. I know it must have been hard for her to give up. (They had to move because of finances.) We went back to the hotel where I met Eva's family. Randy came in to pizza and the fixings. It was a nice treat. The kids were typical kids. Her youngest, Kristen, is just 5 and going to pre-school. Next, Christian, is in 2nd grade and Gavin is in 6th grade. The kids were kids. Finally, Eva needed a smoke and off they all went to the car and the family left. Eva and Joanna went with a friend of Eva's to have a tattoo put on her foot. Eva is really into tattoos. She has so many, I wonder if it is healthy? Anyway, she and Joanna had an evening together with Shirley. I stayed in the room until Joanna joined me before going up to her room. It was nice to have a little quiet time.
Sunday was spent looking at homes in the area. They have some beautiful homes that ranged from $199,000 to $350,000 and up. There was a house there that had a statue of a bronze bear standing on its back legs looking at another bronze statue of a fairy. We got lost again. I was driving thinking I knew where I could find this restaurant and well we finally back tracked to find it. Then back to the hotel and visit more with Eva and her family. They left and we left for the airport. We arrived back in Sacramento just a little before midnight. The trip was fun but exhausting. I asked Joanna if I made a difference being there and she said that if I hadn't, she would not have left seeing her sister in a kind mood. Worth it, yes.

No comments: