Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Knitting-Friendship-Illness


Knitting: Presently I am salvaging a pair of socks started last November by attempting the mystery sock through the Thrifty Knitters Sock Club. The socks started out cute with a twisted top. Then it added a striped edge. The next step was to add a snowflake, but I didn't think I could do that so I put them aside until I completed my Christmas knitting. I got my Charlene Schurch sock book out, Sensational Knitted Socks, and Socks a la Carte, by Jonelle Raffino, Katherine Cade and the SWTC Staff and decided to complete the sock. I hope to complete these socks soon.
Friendships: Friends are a special breed. It means one takes the time to stay connected with that person and care about them. Friends can be made many years ago, or within the year. I am fortunate to have a friend from childhood. She and I have lived many miles apart for years, but are able to maintain our friendship. We go away together on vacations. While our children were younger, we would go camping, now we go quilt shop hopping. Then I have friends i made over thirty years ago. With these friends, visiting, having a meal together or shopping is the main way we stay in touch and care for one another. My newest friends are a group of quilters and knitters. The quilters live near me, but I see these friends only a short time a month. (I would call these more of an acquaintance rather than a friend.) The knitters are seen every week. We talk and share stories and knit together. We are developing those rich friendships. If a friend asked me for help, I'm there. I try to help out when I can.
Illness: Sneezing and coughing, rubbing eyes, blowing ones nose, tiredness, lack of energy, and /or headaches. It seems as I get older, I am finding myself ill more often. I wash my hands, make sure I don't eat food a child made and I try to stay away from people that are ill.
I wrote about these three items because currently these are things on my mind. I am not feeling well, I have friends who are under stress right now and I am concerned out them. Lastly, my knitting is getting done because I am not feeling well. All things are working out. I know my friends are in good hands. My cold seems to be getting better and I am so close to completing one sock.

No comments: